Covid-19 Update, What We Are Doing
As a valued customer of Fraser Valley Heating, your safety has always been, and remains, our priority. With recent news around the coronavirus (COVID-19), we know you may have questions about how we can all play a role in keeping our community healthy. At this time, we want to share with you the steps we are taking to ensure our employees and our customers are protected.
We continue to monitor closely all regular updates regarding coronavirus (COVID-19) from World Health Organization WHO and the Government of Canada. As updates are made available, we will be updating our policies regularly to ensure the safety of our employees and continued safe service to our customers.
What are we doing?
- When you call to book a service appointment, you will be asked some screening questions about the travel and health of yourself and your family members. We need to know so that we can be proactive with our team’s response and level of protection.
- Our Technicians will be practicing social distancing while in your home
- Our Technicians have been provided with gloves as part of their uniform.
- Upon customer request technicians have face masks available for while they are in your home
- Each truck is equipped with hand sanitizer as well as additional cleaning supplies.
- Our trucks undergo regular scheduled cleaning
- Sanitization of tools, credit card terminals, tablets and cell phones are completed after each service call
- Employees are encouraged not to report into work if they are experiencing signs of illness.
What can you do to help?
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and warm water for 20 seconds. If soap and water is not available, use hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol content.
- When coughing or sneezing, cover your mouth and nose with a tissue. If you don’t have a tissue, cough or sneeze into your upper sleeve or elbow, not your hands. Ensure proper disposal of used tissues in waste basket.
- Ensure doorknobs and light switches are sanitized regularly.
- Stay informed and use reputable resources for news updates.
- Practice responsible buying and refrain from hoarding products. Your neighbours might need supplies too!
- Practice patience and understanding as we go through challenging times together. While we understand that change can be difficult, please know careful thought and consideration has been given to each and every policy change.
As always, we feel privileged to serve you and hope everyone understands that we are taking these precautions to ensure we keep our customers, and our staff safe.All of us at Fraser Valley Heating thank you for your support during this time. Small actions can make a big difference when everyone helps out!
Thank you for doing your part.